About CHIRAG SATKAR
Hello Chess Lover, , This is Chirag Satkar. I wish to share my story with you today. During my 3rd std., I continuously scored very low grades in my examination, was unable to concentrate in studies and failed in simple tests. My Parents, class teacher and principle were worried about my academic career, so my parents introduced me to chess. They had read in some article that chess helps in improving concentration.
Their judgement was right. After learning chess, my grades improved considerably, even though I used to spend most of my time playing chess. So, I was scoring good marks in school without tuition class. Even in 10th std., I scored 69% in prelims, but studied hard with full concentration, which I gained by playing chess, and got 87% in final exam.
Fortuntely, I got good chess class. Nikhil Sir was very young at that time, but was very good teacher. I remember, we used to have 3 to 4 classes in a week, and special sessions during important tournaments, at a fees of just Rs. 300/- per month. I got initial rating of 1724, only due to efforts of Nikhil Sir, and his training system, when I was in 7th std., and that is where my Chess Career began.
As my Chess Level improved, I started to look for guidance of higher level coaches. But found their fees to be very high for my level, and my parents could not afford such high fees. But I wanted to improve my level in chess, so my parents took a pinch, and paid my fees.
I kept on working and have now reached level of 2050 rating in classical and 1935 in rapid. In this journey, I found many talented players who want higher level coaching, but were unable to learn higher level chess, due to lack of proper coaches, fees being unaffordable, timing and place of coaching not matching, etc. So, I have decided to put my full power in Live Chess Book project, because I feel I should give back something to society and the game, due to which today, I am somebody in life.
My objectives is very very clear. Make high quality and more than sufficient quantity, chess coaching, available to everybody, at affordable and reasonable rates. We wish to give that valuable knowledge, which neither Nikhil Sir, nor me to some extent, got in our early days. What I feel is, money constraints should not come in between chess lover, and enjoyment of game.
For getting experience of Coaching, I have been teaching in Live Chess Book Academy, Kalyan since last two years, twice a week. Even though I do not wish to become chess Coach, I think this experience is important to me, when I want to share my knowledge with all chess lovers.
Following is going to be format of my training. One lesson will have training material of minimum 8 to 10 hours, and one new lesson will be launched every month, covering important topics. Examples are selected in such a way, that some are easy, some are little difficult, and some really hard, necessary for students.
- To give examples on important aspects of Chess, such as opening principles, end-games, and Middle Game tactics.
- Meaning of advantage and it’s use: In many games, I found that my lower rated opponents got better position than me, but they could not convert it to win. I think this ability of understanding what is advantage, and how to get win using it, is very important for players upto 1500 rating. Some players above 1500 rating may also find it useful. I will be giving lot such examples in my lessons.
- Calculation ability: It means ability to see what is going to happen on chess board in next few moves. For this, 60 puzzles are given in each lesson, which student can solve either himself/herself, or by using hints.
- I sincerely believe that, having one lesson every month from me, containing 100 examples, can make a lot of value addition in student’s knowledge.
- Thanks, Enjoy Chess Learning.